#687 Head of Finance, SES Band 1, Defence Housing Australia
Defence Housing Australia (DHA) is a Government Business Enterprise established under the Defence Housing Australia Act 1987. Our primary purpose is to provide housing and related services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families. DHA delivers services for ADF members through a variety of arrangements in a commercial environment via a Services Agreement between Defence and DHA.
As Head of Finance, ideally you will:
- Influence overall organisational strategy by providing sound strategic, financial and budgetary advice to the CFO, Senior Executive Group and the DHA Board, delivering high value solutions.
- Be outcomes focussed, achieve results and drive business outcomes through influence, innovation, communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Exhibit superior planning and program delivery capabilities to provide effective contemporary financial management services, including financial and tax compliance reporting obligations, management analysis and reporting, tax, treasury and DHA’s financial systems management.
- Have high level leadership capability and superior management skills that demonstrate an ability to evaluate team and individual performance, develop employees, and promote a healthy and safe workplace and model behaviour in accordance with the APS Code of Conduct and APS Values.
- Be forward looking, highly motivated and demonstrate resilience and personal accountability for the quality of advice and the delivery of the Branch’s services in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Lead a team of finance specialists, and take responsibility for overseeing the management the Finance team, ensuring the team functions effectively and collaboratively and fosters strong engagement while delivering quality financial reporting and advisory services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Guide the ongoing development of DHA’s financial governance and risk frameworks, to enhance practice relating to DHA’s accounting, tax and treasury functions, as well as ensuring mechanisms for financial due diligence around property acquisitions, disposals and development projects are in place, effective and align with business need and risk appetite.