#723 General Counsel, Legal Audit and Assurance, SES Band 1, Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources are seeking an experienced SES Band 1 General Counsel to lead the Legal, Audit and Assurance Branch and provide critical support for the delivery of key government and departmental programs and policies.
The successful candidate will provide high-level strategic support and management for a branch that oversees a number of essential functions, including:
- In house legal services
- Internal audit
- Fraud prevention
- Freedom of Information
The General Counsel is a key member of the Corporate and Digital Division’s executive leadership team. You will drive the critical work of the department by providing expert legal and assurance advice in an often complex and sensitive environment.
In addition, you must be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the department, delivering reform and driving change.
The ideal candidate will have highly developed liaison and negotiation skills, complemented with demonstrated management experience. You must be:
- an innovative thinker, who has the ability to manage multiple priorities
- able to harness information from a variety of sources and have well developed analytical skills
- highly motivated and have an agile approach that enables you to anticipate opportunities and encourage creativity and innovative ideas
- able to initiate and manage changes in your branch to ensure the team are focused on delivering high quality outcomes for the department.
- experienced working in diverse teams and willing to work on building your own competency in understanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and how it impacts on the work of the department. You should also willing to build your disability confidence, as you will be responsible for the implementation of practices that provide a safe and accessible working environment for all employees.