#791 General Manager, National Inventory Systems and International Reporting, SES Band 1, Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources supports productivity and economic growth, and job creation for all Australians. As Australia recovers from the initial economic consequences of COVID‑19 and adapts to the pandemic’s ongoing effects, the department is implementing the government’s economic recovery plan. The Department’s work builds on Australia’s existing strengths, support business to invest and grow, and drive new opportunities for long‑term productivity, growth and sustainability.
The Climate Change Division provides policy, program and technical support to the Australian Government on climate change. This includes development of Australia’s long-term emissions reduction plan, developing Australia’s annual national greenhouse gas accounts and annual emissions projections, and providing policy advice on the Emissions Reduction Fund and the Safeguard mechanism.
The National Inventory Systems and International Reporting (NISIR) branch produces Australia’s National Greenhouse Accounts and Emissions Projections; which underpin the Australian Government’s action on climate change. As General Manager of the NISIR branch you will be responsible for:
- Delivering high quality and timely National Greenhouse Accounts including the Quarterly Update, the National Inventory Report and related accounts and projections
- Ensuring the integrity of the Government’s monitoring systems, compliance with its international treaty commitments and evaluation of emission outcomes
- Contributing high level science and policy leadership on the development of estimation methods used in the national methods and in support of policy recommendations
- The development of customised IT systems for the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Leading policy development on the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting system
- Providing advice on Government programs and international policy, especially in relation to inventory/accounting policy; and
- Representing the Government at the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and other international fora and build bilateral relationships with key partners, such as Malaysia and, Thailand.