#818 Manager, Strategy and Policy Coordination, SES Band 1, Australian Federal Police
The Australian Federal Police is seeking to fill the position of Manager Strategy and Policy Coordination.
As a Manager you will be responsible for driving capability at the strategic level and developing collaborative external relationships to enhance the AFP’s outcomes and reputation.
We are looking for a leader who:
- is willing and able to deliver results in compressed timeframes and attack complex issues in a dynamic environment;
- is capable, energetic and resilient in navigating uncertainly and constantly changing priorities;
- can cultivate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, work collaboratively at all levels, and maximise engagement opportunities with partner agencies and jurisdictional partners;
- has superior analytical skills, are able to harness information, and identify innovative approaches to achieving the AFP’s strategic intent;
- has advanced communication skills, focussed on clearly articulating key issues and negotiating outcomes that advance the AFP’s position; and
- understand the role of the AFP in the Australian and international policing context, and broader law enforcement and national security environment.
Successful applicants will possess outstanding leadership, communication, networking and negotiation skills, and an ability to prioritise and anticipate tasks to meet tight timeframes while delivering high level outputs.